Working closely with assigned management team, the HR Business Partner is responsible for delivering HR expertise and problem solving while administering corporate policies and procedures as they relate to core HR services, processes, and programs. Will facilitate training, recruiting, employee relations, performance management, benefits administration and career and business development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Other duties may be assigned including the following:
- Must have the ability to be an individual contributor, collaborative team member and HR resource
- Consult with assigned business units to resolve challenges and develop HR based solutions to strategic and tactical business problems
- Anticipate the need for and introduce new people strategies to solve business challenges
- Identify and resolve sensitive situations/issues relating to HR processes and practices
- Develop new programs to address, evaluate, and accommodate special challenges, including employee retention, employee relations, succession and recognition
- Conduct needs assessments and analyses to identify performance challenges
- Provide coaching, counseling, and mentoring to managers, supervisors, and staff
- Ensure HR practices are consistent with business objectives, internal standards, and regulatory requirements
- Determine recruiting strategies for attracting and recruiting candidates. Interface with community resources to develop multiple referral sources. Maintain resume and applicant tracking systems. Conduct phone and personal interviews, perform reference and background checks, post positions internally, and recommend candidates in selection process.
- Work with assigned management team to develop staffing strategies, forecasts, and trends as they pertain to personnel needs
- Conduct New Hire Orientation for all personnel in assigned business units
- Conduct Benefits Orientations and answer benefit related questions
- Handle benefits annual open enrollment activities
- Follow up with new hires and supervisors during the 85 day introductory period. Review new hire performance evaluations and recommend employees for Regular Full Time status. Manage annual performance review process
- Evaluate training needs, develop and deliver a variety of training courses/classes designed to meet identified training requirements
- Be an employee advocate and a management partner
- Assist managers in conducting effective performance reviews, and coach them in the use of the Employee Performance journal as a way to provide constructive performance feedback. Assist with Performance Improvement Plans and development action plans with business partner.
- Design and conduct teambuilding activities to improve team’s ability to achieve optimum results
- Process disciplinary action, terminations, exit interviews as needed for assigned business unit
- Determine recognition strategies to attract and retain workforce that supports the company vision, mission, and values
- Fosters quality system procedures and leads quality training
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Working knowledge of general employment practices, with additional experience in benefits and employee recruitment and selection
- Knowledge of industrial manufacturing systems and processes and the ability to apply human resources techniques to solving problems encountered in this setting
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and handle multiple projects effectively
- Working knowledge of Performance Improvement Strategies including Training and Development, Teambuilding, Process Facilitation, and Coaching
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to both listen to and influence others
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Knowledge of HRIS and computer based performance appraisal systems
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member, and interact with all levels of employees and management
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, emphasis in Human Resources preferred
- Three to five years of applicable experience
- Manufacturing background a plus
- PHR certified, preferred
- Valid CA Driver’s License and current liability insurance
Proficient in English, Bi-lingual Spanish is required for effective interface with internal customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard
- Must be able to drive to different Company locations at different hours of the day to accommodate multiple locations/shifts
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Consistent and regular attendance required
E-mail your resume to: Charles Carbajo