Trojan Battery Company, where our products provide CLEAN ENERGY FOR LIFE, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cost Accountant in our Lithonia, GA battery manufacturing facility.
Trojan Battery is powered by great people and this motivated and seasoned warehouse professional will be a champion and model for safety, quality and continuous improvement.
The Cost Accountant will be responsible for the cycle count program, analysis and reconciliation of all inventories and prepare various periodic inventory analysis reports. This position will assist in the development of overhead allocations for standard costs; cost methodologies and obsolescence analysis.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating and managing physical and perpetual cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Publishing trend reports to keep management informed of potential problems.
- Reporting, monitoring and controlling inventory adjustments and changes.
- Performing cycle count reconciliation and root cause analysis.
- Documenting the inventory process in relation to the production process flow, make enhancements and improvements in current inventory and production processes.
- Performing process audits (counting methodologies, reporting of production, etc.).
- Communicating issues/feedback to supervisors, operators, and plant management.
- Reconciling monthly costs reports.
- Supporting on rolling and preparing standard costs.
- Preparing standard cost analysis.
- Reviewing and analyzing work orders.
- Distributing and overseeing the aging of completed but not closed work orders to planners to close each week.
- Providing details as necessary for management’s understanding of variances.
- Reviewing allocation of overhead.
- Performing analysis of fixed and variable cost structure.
- Assisting document control function in maintaining bills of materials and routings.
- Performing special cost studies/analysis for management.
- Following quality system procedures.
Successful candidate will need:
- Excellent computer skills – Excel, Word, and other Microsoft applications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of the manufacturing process and inventory flow.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to apply the necessary skills to troubleshoot and correct process/logistics flow problems Baan experience is a plus.
- Baan experience is a plus.
- 2- 4 years of experience in inventory and cost accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting preferred.
Trojan also offers an excellent benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).