Provide engineering support to internal/external customers including making design/drawings for battery components and assemblies, running tests in the engineering labs, conducting prototype/pilot builds in the factory and working in ISO environment for product development activities and assigned projects either individually or as a team participant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Prepare engineering drawings using ProE and AutoCAD software.
- Support other engineers in completing projects.
- Design battery components and tooling.
- Design and conduct/coordinate laboratory tests including the analysis of results, reporting and recommendations.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams consisting of internal and external resources to accomplish tasks related to battery design and the development of new products.
- Interface (sometimes in a leadership role) directly with other TBC personnel in the office, labs or plants to accomplish specific tasks or projects.
- Conduct or assist in field testing of products as required.
- Prepare engineering reports and procedures.
- Interact with suppliers and customers as required.
- Provide evaluations of new/competitive designs and makes recommendations for product improvements and/or new products.
- Responsible for key tasks defined in project schedules including regular status reporting and meeting timeline constraints.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be a fast learner and the ability to utilize engineering knowledge.
- Must be proficient in Computer Aided Design (ProE software is preferred).
- Must be proficient in MS Office software and other common engineering tools.
- Must have the ability to design plastic parts, battery components and manufacturing tooling.
- Must have a successful track record in an engineering or laboratory/test work environment.
- Must possess knowledge of electrical test circuits and be able to operate test equipment as well as a basic understanding of chemistry and mechanics.
- Knowledge of battery technology and/or charging is preferred.
- Must be able to prioritize time and available resources to accomplish multiple activities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering preferred) or equivalent is required
- 2-3 years of engineering relevant experience, battery-related experience preferred
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to prepare technical reports and make presentations to internal and external contacts
- Excellent advanced math skills
- Must have a high level of reasoning capability and the ability to guide, prioritize and execute individual efforts with minimal direct supervision
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Preferred membership in professional association related to engineering and/or battery industry
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard
- Must be able to travel and drive to different Company locations
The work environment characteristics are normal office conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours as needed to accomplish objectives and support responsibilities
- Frequent overnight travel may be required
- Consistent and regular attendance required
E-mail your resume to: Charles Carbajo