As a member of the Trojan Quality Team, this is intended to be a senior level position with responsibilities of: leading, coordinating, developing and implementing effective process, product, and component control plans. Utilize advance 6 Sigma tools such as: Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA), Design of Experiments (DOE), Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA), and other statistical techniques to analyze, understand, and reduce process variation. Also responsible for manufacturing process improvements through process optimization, process audits, data collection and effective corrective actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned including the following.
- Responsible for the development of product and process quality plans, including control plans, procedures, inspection plans, and other quality documentation
- Facilitate total quality management tools and approaches to other company departments for analytical and reporting processes within respective department
- Facilitate/lead workers engaged in quality auditing activities to ensure continuous control over materials/products/processes, as well as conformance to business processes affecting quality
- Lead and/or support process improvement activities/teams
- Mentorship of quality team members
- Write, implement, and follow quality system procedures and work instructions.
- Lead/Support engineering efforts of analytical laboratory equipment, and assist in validations of manufacturing equipment, and processes
- Drive process improvement and problem solving thru 6 Sigma principals
- Root Cause and Corrective Action principals (RCCA)
- Developing Sampling Plans for production, qualification, and validation of products/processes.
- Develop project proposals for process improvements based on financial and business needs.
- Lead projects in manufacturing operations for process improvement, cost reduction, problem solving and other activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to interpret drawings and first article inspection results
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Must be outgoing in personality with strong relationship skills for customers, colleagues, and senior management
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- High standard of business and personal ethics
- Experience with BaaN and ERP systems is preferred
- Must be very comfortable with Microsoft Office Applications; MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Access or equivalent, and Minitab
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Expert in advanced statistical techniques: DoE, SPC required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline and/or a science discipline, preferred
- 6 Sigma skills (Blackbelt certified or willing to be certified)
- Lean Principals
- Experience with Cost of Quality (COQ) system implementation a plus
- Management Quality Systems (MQS) (e.g., ISO 9000, QS 9000, etc.)
- A minimum of 7 years related experience in high volume product manufacturing required
- Sampling Schemes
- Battery Technology a plus
- Proficient in English
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certified Quality Engineer (AMERICAN SOCIETY OF QUALITY)
- 6 Sigma Black Belt
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard
- Must be able to drive to different company locations
The work environment characteristics are normal office conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a lead acid battery plant
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours as needed
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Consistent and regular attendance required
E-mail your resume to: Charles Carbajo