Methods for the proper installation and testing the health of the Trojan OverDrive AGM 31™ batteries will be demonstrated in this video.Take Quiz
You’ll learn how to test Trojan OverDrive AGM 31™ batteries using the Midtronics EXP-1000 equipment.Take Quiz
1. What is the first thing you should consider when working with batteries
2. OCV will tell you the battery capacity?
3. OCV will tell you the battery state of charge?
4. To clean the terminals you can use a mixture of backing soda and water?
5. A fully charged OverDrive battery would have voltage close to:
1. To test the battery with the EXP-1000 you should connect the clamps to the threaded studs?
2. To run the EXP-1000 test, connect the ___ clamp to the positive terminal and the ___ clamp to the negative terminal.
3. Before testing the battery check the terminals, cover, and case for ______.
4. What does a black temperature sticker on the top of the battery indicate?
5. What is the CCA setting for the OverDrive battery for testing with the EXp-1000?
1. Connecting batteries in series increases the overall ______.
2. Connecting batteries in parallel increases the overall ______.
3. If 4 batteries are connected in series / parallel and the positive lead is on battery 1, the negative lead should also be on battery 1.
4. You can just hand tighten the connectors onto the batteries.
5. If the connectors are tightened too much the terminal can be damaged and broken?
Congratulations! You've successfully completed this session of Trojan's online OverDrive AGM 31™ battery course. Please click on the button below to print your certificate of completion, and if you'd like to receive our free Proper Battery Handling, Charging and Testing Poster to hang in your shop.
Thank you for participating.
Click Yes to receive this poster by mail:
PROPER BATTERY HANDLING,
CHARGING AND TESTING POSTER